1. How do I submit a claim for my client?
Submitting claims is easy and only requires two things:
- A claim form filled out with the diagnosis or name of the condition for which the pet was seen or treated and the client’s Nationwide® policy number.
- An itemized invoice(s) showing services rendered for the diagnosis/condition and the cost of those services.
If the pet owner did not provide a claim form pre-filled with their policy information, you can download a blank form and have them fill it in.
Send the completed claim form with the client’s signature and invoice by any of these easy methods:
- (714) 989-5600
- Nationwide Claims Dept., P.O. Box 2344, Brea, CA 92822
2. Why do you need medical records and how do I submit them for my client?
We may request medical records when your client first enrolls in a pet insurance policy or if they submit a claim that needs additional information for accurate processing.
Medical records can be hand written or computer-generated and need to include the detailed SOAP notes and all lab results, plus reports from specialists, referral practices and emergency clinics. Please be sure to include the client’s Nationwide policy number on each page.
Send records by any of these methods:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (.pdf format only; maximum file size 10MB)
- (800) 704-7002
- Nationwide Medical Records Dept., P.O. Box 2344, Brea, CA 92822
3. Why does my client’s policy have exclusions?
An exclusion may have been placed on a pet’s insurance policy for any condition that existed prior to enrollment. These conditions are considered to be pre-existing and are excluded from coverage. A pre-existing condition is any condition that began or was contracted before the client’s policy went into effect, whether or not the condition was discovered, diagnosed or treated.
Exclusions can be temporary if the condition is cured and treatment-free (such as diarrhea from dietary indiscretion) or they can be permanent (such as IBD). You can request an exclusion review on behalf of your client.
4. How long does it take for my client’s claim to be processed?
Claims are processed within 14 days of receipt. The response will be either payment, request for more information (incomplete claim form, medical records needed) or denial (ineligible service or condition).
You can request a claim review on behalf of your client.
5. How do I check the status of my client’s claim?
You can reach our Veterinary Relations team at 866-838-4874 to talk about basic policy and claims information on your client’s behalf, but privacy laws prohibit us from discussing certain details.
Your client can always check claim status and history at my.petinsurance.com.